Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury
- Failure to timely deliver a full term fetus due to the defendants' neglecting ominous third trimester signs, including maternal bleeding and hypoxia leading to oxygen deprivation and resultant cerebral palsy. Verdict in excess of $26,000,000.
- Multiple cases involving brain damage to infants as a result of the defendants' failure to properly treat maternal labor and consequent fetal distress. All of these cases resulted in either verdicts or settlements exceeding $1,000,000.
- Wrongful death of a thirty-five year old single childless male as a result of failure to properly diagnose and treat an aortic aneurysm. Settlement in the amount of $1,750,000.
- Failure to properly read and interpret a biopsy leading to metastatic cancer. Settled for $2,200,000 after service of the complaint.
- A thirty-five year old woman sustained a severed ureter during a laparoscopic procedure, requiring three surgeries to correct the resultant damage. Jury verdict in the amount of $2,500,000.
- Married father of one child died as a result of failure to detect aortic aneurysm. Case was brought in Federal Court in the State of Connecticut and settled for $2,500,000 prior to trial.
- Wrongful death of a mother after failure to perform a cesarean section resulted in amniotic fluid embolism. Jury verdict in the amount of $2,215,000.
- Plaintiff's decedent died from bladder cancer as a result of the defendants' failure to perform proper testing despite complaints of bloody urine. Case settled on trial, prior to summation, for $1,450,000
- This firm has handled, and is currently handling, "Erb's Palsy" cases which involve the injury and damage to a newborn's brachial plexus (the arm) usually as a result of excessive traction to which the baby is subjected during labor and delivery.
- A worker fell from a scaffold where the defense alleged that safety rails which were provided were not attached by the plaintiff, who fell and sustained a fracture of one vertebrae. The case settled for $975,000 prior to trial.
- A worker fell from a scaffold and sustained hemiplegia and urinary incontinence. The case settled for $1,950,000.
- Plaintiff was injured in an automobile accident when his car collided with another vehicle while making a left hand turn. The plaintiff sustained severe fractures and was comatose for a week. The case settled for $1,500,000 prior to trial.
- Plaintiff sustained herniated disc requiring laminectomy when his car was rear-ended at a red light. The case settled for $1,200,000 prior to trial.